6 steps to your electrical connection

  • 1
    Submitting<br>your request

    your request

  • 2
    Fixing the<br>conditions

    Fixing the

  • 3
    Carrying out<br>preparatory<br>work

    Carrying out

  • 4
    Making an<br>appointment

    Making an

  • 5
    Checking<br>the work

    the work

  • 6
    Carrying out<br>the work

    Carrying out
    the work

Step 1: Submitting your request

What is your construction project?

For the purpose of understanding correctly your construction project and your requirements, please provide us the following information:

Do you want to make a change to your electrical connection?

For the purpose of understanding correctly the change to be made to your installation, please provide us the following information:

1.Address of the connection (including the meter number)

2.Description of the change to be made to your existing installation

  • Moving the connection
    During renovation work, you would like to move the electric panel board or the cable connecting your property to the grid or remove the cable from the front of your property.
  • Replacement of the metering panel board
    Your metering panel board is obsolete, cramped or single-phased. It no longer corresponds to your requirements and you have decided to replace it.
  • Increase/Decrease in the installation rating
    You have a new electricity-powered unit which requires a modification of your installation's rating.
  • Addition/Removal of additional meters
    You would like to arrange your property differently (apartment, business, shared areas, etc.) and thus need to add/remove meters.

3.Information about the parties involved

Which documents need to be included in your application?

No documents need to be included in your application unless an additional meter is/additional meters are being added.
In this case the documents below are vital to processing your application:

  • Complete building authorisation (the certificate/red dot issued by the municipal administration certifying the authorisation to construct is not sufficient
  • Ground occupation plan, minimum 1:200 (if the external walls are being converted)
  • A plan of the cellar for a single-family home or, in case of a multi-occupancy residence, a plan of the utilities facility and a plan of the basement floors
  • Certificate of the Electricity Department (Service de l’Electricité) issued by the Architect Administration (Administration de l'Architecte) (for connections on City of Luxembourg land)

If you want Creos to carry out a feasibility study for your connection project, you do not need to attach the documents required for a request.

    This feasibility study does not replace the certificate required by the City of Luxembourg for the establishment of a building application.

Did you know that you can choose your electricity supplier?
Before starting the connection procedure with Creos you may opt for and contact the electricity supplier of your choice. If this is not the case the statutory default supplier will be allocated to you.

    • It is essential that you fill in the request with your electrician. Your electrician can also submit the request on your behalf.
    • Your application will be processed only if your request is duly completed and all the documents required are included.