6 steps to your electrical connection
Step 1: Submitting your request
Do you want to make a change to your electrical connection?
The request form to be filled out is divided into three sections. For the purpose of understanding correctly the change to be made to your installation, please provide us the following information:
1.Address of the connection (including the meter number)
2.Description of the change to be made to your existing installation
- Moving the connection
During renovation work, you would like to move the electric panel board or the cable connecting your property to the grid or remove the cable from the front of your property.
- Replacement of the metering panel board
Your metering panel board is obsolete, cramped or single-phased. It no longer corresponds to your requirements and you have decided to replace it.
- Increase/Decrease in the installation rating
You have a new electricity-powered unit which requires a modification of your installation's rating.
If you want Creos to carry out a feasibility study for your power increase, you must tick the box "Feasibility study desired". In this case, you do not need to attach the documents required for a request.
- Addition/Removal of additional meters
You would like to arrange your property differently (apartment, business, shared areas, etc.) and thus need to add/remove meters.
3.Information on and signatures of the parties involved
Which documents need to be included in your application?
No documents need to be included in your application unless an additional meter is/additional meters are being added.
In this case the documents below are vital to processing your application:
- Complete building authorisation (the certificate/red dot issued by the municipal administration certifying the authorisation to construct is not sufficient
- Ground occupation plan, minimum 1:200 (if the external walls are being converted)
- A plan of the cellar for a single-family home or, in case of a multi-occupancy residence, a plan of the utilities facility and a plan of the basement floors
- Certificate of the Electricity Department (Service de l’Electricité) issued by the Architect Administration (Administration de l'Architecte) (for connections on City of Luxembourg land)
Did you know that you can choose your electricity supplier?
Before starting the connection procedure with Creos you may opt for and contact the electricity supplier of your choice. If this is not the case the statutory default supplier will be allocated to you.
- It is recommended that you fill in the request form with your electrician.
- Your application will be processed only if your request is duly completed and all the documents required are included.